Lifestyle and Personality
I learned how to cut hair from my aunt when I was 15. Since then, I have loved the art of hair.
I've been in this industry long enough to have immense respect for clients and comrades. I am dependable and I want you to feel that you can trust me. I want you to feel like your best self and as confident as anyone else. There is a lot of cool things you can do in the hair industry and I think that's what keeps me going. I like meeting people, connecting with them, and learning about their sense of style and personality. Getting to know my clients in this sense is the best way to understand their perspective in what look they are trying to achieve.
Life can be monotonous and it's easy to fall into a rut that doesn't expand, grow, or take you anywhere. I want to inspire more in the people I meet. Changing something as simple as your look can change the world around you. If you can leave here feeling like your most successful and true self, I have done my job.
Long's Essential Tips
- It doesn't take a lot of work to make your hair look incredible.
- Get a quality blow dryer and understand how to use it.
- Product is key. Know how much time you want to spend on your hair and what texture you like.
- Mentorship under Andis Educator Wallace Barlow
- Mentorship under David Alexander of Men's Hair on About.com