GQ Barber Lounge Careers
Welcome to your next career
At GQ Barber Lounge we build people for a living
Established in 1996, GQ Barber Lounge was one of the first upscale “male-specific” salons. The concept was to provide a sanctuary where men would feel comfortable receiving grooming services and to provide a higher level of service.
We created the concept of the “barber lounge". We are first and foremost a barbershop. We also have a liquor license and offer complementary top-shelf craft beers, signature cocktails, wine and select spirits as part of the service.
We are the only place successful men go for their haircuts and related grooming services. We provide exemplary haircuts, coloring, scalp treatments, shaves, skin care, waxing, manicures and pedicures. Essentially everything from head to toe and nothing in the middle.
Over the years, we have received many awards and national recognition. Esquire Magazine listed GQ Barber Lounge as one of the “top stores for men in the country.” We are a Salon Today “Top 200 Salon” alumni. We’ve won Channel 7’s A-List award as “Denver’s Best Barbershop.” We have also received top accolades from 5280 and Westword, and we have been featured in countless publications from The Denver Post to the front page of the New York Times.
Our goal is to be the finest barber lounge in the world, and we can only do it with top talent like you. We are always changing, innovating and adapting to meet the needs of the market and our barber stylists.
There is no place like GQ Barber Lounge.
Become a Barber at GQ Barber Lounge
Our people are everything. When our people are happy, our guests are happy and together we grow. We attract the best people we can find and do what it takes to keep them. You are the heart and soul of our company, and while we can’t say yes to everything, we do our very best to maintain a safe environment of respect and support.
We develop and nurture a positive and supportive culture of nice people collaborating to build lives of extraordinary personal and professional achievement in a safe, caring and disciplined environment where we consistently provide remarkable service to our guests. We strive to know our people, focus them on their goals, lead them to a better future and win with them personally, professionally and financially.
In a rut? Stuck? Come grow with us!
What it's like to work here
We are a busy shop. Located just a stone’s throw from Union Station and in the heart of a thriving and exciting area, there are lots of men that visit our shop. Sometimes it gets really busy and honestly, that’s when we do our best work. There is a certain vibe that happens when the shop is filled with the sounds of chatter, clippers, blow dryers and people simply enjoying themselves. It’s cool.
We work hard and we have fun at the same time. Our people are fun, our guests are fun and overall, it’s pretty relaxed.
One of the things we really enjoy are our guests. They make it fun for us because they love it here and we love having them here. Having a liquor license and serving complementary top-shelf drinks helps.
Top 10 Reasons to Work at GQ Barber Lounge
1. Career - path - This is more than a job; it’s a professional career. You will definitely learn and grow here. There are many opportunities for growth.
2. Barbering -This is still the fastest growing segment of the beauty industry. This is an opportunity for you to stand out, to develop a clientele faster, and to build a professional reputation much faster than at other salons and chains.
3. Education - We work with the best in the industry; from hair designers to product educators to industry professionals. We will equip you with skill sets that will further your career.
4. Brand - GQ Barber Lounge was founded in 1996. We have a great brand and we add to it every day.
5. Location - We are located in the center of the action and the vitality of the city. Since Union Station reopened in 2014, this has become the hottest place in the city.
6. Compensation - We have a fast-paced program that enables you to start building a clientele right from the beginning. Our stylists earn over twice the industry average. Many, make a lot more than that.
7. Clients - We have fantastic clients. Men are loyal. They don’t like shopping around and once they find a great stylist, they are consistent and are generous with gratuities.
8. Smarter - We are all about doing more with less. Our objective is to provide more services to fewer clients and build our income and career stability in the process.
9. Support - We are not a chain. We have one dedicated owner that works every day to support our staff. We have a strong front-desk staff, a high-tech integrated software system, and the systems necessary to support you. We remove the barriers so that you can perform at your absolute best!
10. Teamwork - Lastly, we have a team of committed professionals that have fun together, work hard, and support each other. You are not just another employee; you become part of our GQ family.